Light and Summery, this risotto is a winner and it’s great value for money using frozen peas and rice. It’s also a great way to make two salmon fillets feed a family of four! However if you want to go veggie simply leave out the salmon and throw in a few more peas.
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 400g risotto rice
- 200ml white wine
- 1.6 L fish stock
- 1 large mug frozen peas (defrosted)
- 2 salmon fillets cut into small cubes
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 4 tbsp cream cheese
- Small bunch dill or parsley finely chopped
- Put the stock into a saucepan over a very low heat
- Heat the oil in a large non stick pan over a medium heat
- Fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 minutes with a pinch of salt until soft but not coloured
- Add the rice, stir to coat every grain in the oil. Cook for 2 minutes in the pan stirring often
- Add the wine, cook for 1 minute or until it’s almost all evaporated
- Add a ladle full of the stock, stir until it has been absorbed by the rice.
- Continue to add the stock a ladle at a time until each ladle full has been absorbed stirring all the time. This should take 18-20 minutes.
- Add the peas and the salmon for the final few minutes of cooking
- When the stock has been absorbed stir in the lemon zest and juice along with the cream cheese and herbs
- Divide between serving dishes and serve
Keep coming back each week for more fantastic new recipes from Chris. You can also follow Chris on Instagram.